Be in charge of food and beverage projects in this senior level role! A process controls company in the Sacramento, CA area, is growing quickly and looking for a talented engineer to help lead the way.
Why join this company?
Process Controls Engineer Job Duties:
- Position is open due to growth.
- Medical Benefits - company pays 100% of premium for the employee, 75% of the premium for all dependents
- 401K - match dollar for dollar up to 6%
- PTO - PTO hours increase based on the number of hours worked
- Pay - paid hourly, receive double time for weekends and holidays as well as time and a half for overtime
- Work with the customer and/or process engineer to develop and/or interpret process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Develop project documentation including, but not limited to, device lists, I/O lists, electrical contractor documentation, and acceptance documentation
- Design & develop PLC and HMI programs
- Design control system networks
- Designs and configure control system server infrastructure
- Commission control systems including device configuration, I/O checkout, PID tuning, water testing, CIP testing, and production testing
- Calibration of process devices with documentation
- Troubleshoot control systems (software, hardware, electrical, and/or mechanical problems)
- Work with subcontractors (mechanical or electrical) on projects including oversight of electrical install
- Drafts for electrical schematics, networks, etc.
- Ensure that the projects are completed on time and on budget
- Able to multitask on multiple projects and project elements
- 5+ years of controls engineering experience
- AS or BS degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experience with Clean-in-Place (CIP) systems
- Engineer-in-Training certificate or Professional Engineer license
- Very proficient with Microsoft Excel and Outlook as well as experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with some of the following Rockwell Automation software packages: RSLogix5, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, Studio5000, FactoryTalk View SE, FactoryTalk View ME, RSView32, FactoryTalk Batch, FactoryTalk Historian SE, FactoryTalk VantagePoint, PlantPAx, and FactoryTalk AssetCentre
- Experience with Wonderware System Platform components.
- Experience in process device calibration and documentation using ProCalV5
- Experience with some of the following networking protocols: EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Modbus RTU, Profibus PA, Profibus DP, Remote I/O (RIO), and Data Highway Plus (DH+)
- Experience with Ethernet networking especially with Cisco devices. Configuration via Cisco Network Assistant or the command line is especially beneficial.
- Experience with virtualized environments (VMware Workstation, VMware Fusion, VMware ESXi, or Microsoft Hyper-V).
The nature of this job requires both office time and on-site time at a customer facility. While in the office, a Monday through Friday work week is expected, with overtime as required. While in the field, weekend or holiday time may be expected, but will be paid accordingly.
Web Reference AJF/301590745-51
Posted Date Fri, 23 Sep 2022
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Automationtechies. Please note Engineer Jobs Market is not responsible for the application process on any external website.